The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have six Cherry Red Shrimp and ten Neon Tetras. They seem to be doing fine. I use Flourish Excel, not CO2. I have about six snails that grew with the tank and noticed that two of the larger ones are floating upward on the surface sucking for air. I've never noticed this behaviour before and wondering if this is an early warning sign that my tank lack oxygen.

Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are likely trying to eat proteins floating on the surface of the water. In one of my tanks with no surface agitation you'll see the snails "crawling" across the top of the water upsidown. Really weird to watch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They are likely trying to eat proteins floating on the surface of the water. In one of my tanks with no surface agitation you'll see the snails "crawling" across the top of the water upsidown. Really weird to watch.
Same, they do that in my spec. Until the stupid things crawl in front of the filter output and get shot around in circles around the top of the tank for hours upon end ahhaha.

I'm horrible because I never save them from spinning :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.