The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 3 peppered corys yesterday (so fun to watch!) and they are in a 10g QT (I put a couple PVC pipes, fake plants & gravel for them). The water temp is 76 and ammo, nitrite & nitrate are all 0.

Since this is the 1st time I have corys, I don't know if the following behavior is normal.

They do their own things (darting to the surface and digging). However, they sometimes just sit motionless at the bottom as if they were dead. Last night one cory sat motionlessly at a corner for about 30 minutes that I thought s/he was dead!

·
Registered
484 Posts
My 6 new panda cories do the same as well. I mistakenly thought some died a few times already! I have seen them dart up for air. I believe one jumped out of the water and hit my tank light fixture as well. I hope they don't pull a "Free Willy". I'm going to pick up a cover this weekend!

·
Registered
336 Posts
They are really fun to watch...when you can find them (they love to hide). Sometimes I don't see any of mine (3) for a day or so and then the next day they are chasing each other all around the tank.

I too at times would think one had "expired" but now I don't pay much attention.

I don't see them coming to the top of my 90 as much as I did in the 55. Didn't know they went to the top to regulate the bladder. Been a good day...Learned something.

I plan to pick up several more.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Took me a while to get this one. Had a couple of 10's while the kids were growing up. As they left, went to a 55. After retirement I got the 90. It's upstairs here in my "office".

Since I planted it, I "see" less and less of the Cories. Usually just catch a glimpse of something scooting through the plants. I think they are playing "hide-n-seek". :)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I hate when they do the surface dash. When I first got some, I thought something was wrong. Now it's just annoying because they disrupt schooling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.