The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with the "Geekpure 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System 75 GPD"?
What RODI units do you recommend? I am going to be using it for shrimp so I don't need large amounts of water output. Do RODI replacement filters work for every unit? Or does every brand have its own special filter replacements?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,784 Posts
There are really too many brands to make truly good recommendations. Each brand and each setup are going to be different. It's really a subjective matter because each person's needs will be a bit different. A couple brands you can check out in the US: Bulk Reef Supply, Air Water Ice. There are equivalents in Canada but I'm not sure about brands.

Realize this isn't cut and dry but a ton of things come into play when making this kind of decision.

Inserts/replacements will be based on size for the most part. Some canisters are different enough that certain brands of inserts won't fit but that's mostly just the case with cheaper units from fleabay.

I use a six-stage system before the water gets to my membranes (plural) because of the crazy-high chloramines and sediment in my water here. But you'll likely be looking for 4/5/6-stage systems including membrane. Some membranes waste more water than others, so that may be something you want to consider.

Figure out your budget. Make a list of your wants/needs after reading about filter systems for a bit - most places have FAQs that will help. Then read reviews at the retailer of your choice. Most of the reef keeping models are what you want to consider.

·
Super Moderator
15,784 Posts
P.S. While it all seems really complicated before you have the filter system? Once you get it, it'll instantly be so simplistic that you'll likely roll your eyes.

And if a part (like a canister housing) ever breaks? You can just get a new part - doesn't have to be the same brand or anything. As long as it connects with the same size fitting, it'll likely work. Becomes really cost effective to own over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts