The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Which one are you looking at in particular?

I noticed that they do not come with gauges either, so that may be of some concern.

You will probably not want the 4 port outlet regulators either...

·
Registered
213 Posts
The number of ports doesn't matter. You can plug the unused ports with port plugs. The lack of a pressure gauge is also not a concern. You can easily attach a gauge to one of the ports using a high pressure hose.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
A Concoa 312 or 332 isn't really small. What do you mean by "small"? It's narrow but long, compared to the Victor VTS models, and Matheson 8's, which are wide and stubby. The length of the 312's (a bit under 8" with a closed knob) is pretty standard. If that's what you're looking for, there are tons of options. I think of those types as "torpedoes"

When I hear "small", I think of mini regs, which are fairly rare in the industrial models. Not unheard of, just a bit harder to find and more expensive.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
There are some new Linde 2-stages that aren't huge. There are even ones with a cga-320 connections. The guy has them listed at $100. There's always something cheaper if you keep digging though. Just keep looking. When you see one you don't know about, just Google the make and model number. Most of the time a PDF file will pop up.

There are almost always victor vts250's available. They are pretty small.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
There are some new Linde 2-stages that aren't huge. There are even ones with a cga-320 connections. The guy has them listed at $100. There's always something cheaper if you keep digging though. Just keep looking. When you see one you don't know about, just Google the make and model number. Most of the time a PDF file will pop up.

There are almost always victor vts250's available. They are pretty small.
If you're talking about the ones I'm thinking about, yeah I've been watching those for a while now. They look really nice at $100. The only issue I'm having with them is that I *think* they're Asian-manufactured (or maybe eastern European), and I can't find any real info on them. And I'm not a fan of the gauges.

Though, because they're Linde-branded, it's probably safe to assume they're as reliable as any average industrial reg. If you want a nice, shiny, new reg, probably chrome-plated, they're definitely worth some interest at $100. Might also be worth contacting the seller about a deal, as they've been around for a little while, and there are plenty of them.

And I love the VTS250's, too.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Small double stage regulators:

Victor:
VTS 200.
HPT100

Parker hannifin:
Veriflo(re-branded western medica) M2

Harris/Matheson:
3850 Brass
3870 stainless

and some more other models, just can't shake any more out of my head right now.

Matheson 3870

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Eevbay 110998388539 any good? Can't find info on it.
I haven't looked/found a PDF for it, but just from immediately looking at it, the maximum delivery pressure on that regulator might not be enough, especially if you are using an atomic diffuser.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.