The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeah I figure it's a pretty good price for the tank, just not sure about the regulator since those tend to run about the same price from what I've seen and i can't afford another 100.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
If you want a 20lb tank, this probably wouldn't be a bad buy. It would probably cost somewhere around $80 more to get it set up for your tank.

High and low pressure gauges would be about $30 dollars or less. They are pretty easy to find.
You can get a fabco needle with fittings to run it inline and co2 tubing from Oregonaquadesign.com $30.
You would need a hose barb on the solenoid, a check valve, a bubble counter, and some way to diffuse the co2. That could be as low as $20, or a lot more if you wanted.

So, at around $200 to get up and running, it is not a steal of a deal, but it is not too bad.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No darkblade, no real need for it. After the original thread I realized I would probably get a better response if it was under general...more eyes on a time-sensitive dilemma. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It is still a bad deal, primarily because there is no way to know if the regulator is usable or virtually worthless. It has no gages, so you can't tell if it is a high output pressure regulator or the low output pressure regulator you need. It is adjustable only with a screw driver, very inconvenient. It is a single stage regulator, very inexpensive. If you want the tank, and you think that is a good deal for it, go for it, you will get a possibly useful solenoid valve along with the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts