The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 lb Aluminum CO2 tank

True 2-stage regulator (Harris I believe) - very heavy duty, keeps bubble count steadier than hobby regulators

Solenoid

Dwyer flow meter.

Perfect for saltwater or freshwater planted tanks.

$120

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
here are pics of what I bought for $120.
You got a great deal. You definitely have a dual stage regulator there.

Anything else I need to get started w/ CO2?
As mentioned previously, you will need to get rid of the flow meter, as it cannot be used. You will instead need to replace it with a needle valve.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what about the solenoid on the end? Can I still use that or do I need another one?
Also bubble counter and reactor? Will any type of bubble counter work on this? I kinda like the brass ones.

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
what about the solenoid on the end? Can I still use that or do I need another one?
I am not familiar with the solenoid that is on your setup, but it will probably work.

Also bubble counter and reactor? Will any type of bubble counter work on this? I kinda like the brass ones.
You can easily DIY a bubble counter yourself, or since you prefer the brass (JBJ) ones, you can purchase one.

The bubble counter will go after the needle valve (which goes after the solenoid). To go from the needle valve to the bubble counter, you simply need the correct fittings (most adapters/fittings can be bought from your local hardware store in the plumbing section).

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You really hit the jackpot - great regulator, nice size CO2 tank, and what appears to be a quality solenoid valve. Add a Fabco needle valve and simple DIY bubble counter and you have a CO2 system. Next, you need to decide how you want to diffuse the CO2 into the tank water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts