The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 5 of these months ago. Now some of them are 2" and copper colored with stripes. They've also bred. I've got 8 Amano's in there that I haven't seen since I put them in months ago. These "Ghosts" are the only ones I see ever.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Could be a wild neo, orange sunkist, who knows. What did you buy it as? I have a few that I gave to my roommate as I have no idea what they were and didn't want any of my breeding tanks to get anything wild in them. They started off a bit yellow, got a dark orange/copper and the one went dark brown for a while. lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It looks like a ghost shrimp with the elongated body. Are there pink/red spots on its claws and whiskers? Our ghost shrimps would color up to a golden bronze and have white strips on its back sometimes, and carried green/olive eggs. Not sure if the coloration is from what they're eating.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought them as $.36 Ghost shrimp and they were clear. They've just gotten really big and continue to grow and develop more copper coloration. I don't feed them anything. The fish get mostly flake food and very rarely some frozen bloodworms. Nothing else enters the tank. They don't have any markings on the little claws or legs. All 5 are this size or bigger and I've seen at least 3 or 4 more that are the size these guys were when I got them (1/2") but they are clear. I'm a little irritated as I got these to destract my Angels while my Amano's got settled (which were larger) and now they are all that I see and they are very brazen. They'll fight off the Angels for flake food w/o hesitation. The last time I saw the Amano's was when I lifted a large piece of Driftwood and found all of them at 2+" under the driftwood. I've never seen them out and haven't moved the wood to check on them in a month or so. Just added 3 more and they too haven't been seen since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.