The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is a cherry shrimp or maybe bloody mary? the tank they came from had red rili, cherry, bloody mary and tiger shrimps, she has alot of eggs, hopefully she keeps them! been 24hours so hopefully! as i just got her along with 24 others, i know 2 tigers , maybe a rili in there too, will they interbreed and then what might i expect from babies?

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
looks like RC to me

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Agreed, all RCS. If the different colors breed, then you may get brown/natural wild color... except the Tigers are Caridinas and will not breed with Neocaridinas (the cherries/rilis). Hopefully, the Tigers are opposite sex so you can get more of them.

From my understanding, Bloody Marys are like a red jewel or gem and kind of see-through. High grade red cherries on the other hand (yours appear to be Sakuras) have a more red-ish orange coloration, or opaque. They have a "painted" look to them.

Bloody Marys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkrt5Zzli9c

I have a 20g tank full of cherries, a couple of yellows and a handful of what may be bloody marys sold as cherries. I'm interested in seeing what the offspring may look like. Most of them for now will be cherries but the yellow female is berried and should have babies within 2 weeks? And don't know who she mated with.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
After a lot of looking around and asking I think the difference between bloody mary and cherry shrimp is as zoidburg said a jewel-like red as opposed to an opaque, red shell. I believe that this is because the flesh of the bloody mary shrimp is red.

Bloody Mary also come from the chocolate line, making their red coloration genetically different from that of cherries.

Reactions: Opare and Zoidburg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, thanks guys for the input! the berried one still has the eggs so i think shes ok, now to wait, its exciting, as i dont what she bred with either, like i said in the tank they came from had red rili and bloody mary, the guy said he had a cross sakura/tiger, thats why i asked what hte clear one might be as there is a couple, they have no red on them at all, as you can see in this pic:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Unfortunately it's impossible to cross cherry shrimp with tigers, as one is neocaridina and the other is caridina. They are different species.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.