I got critical problem here
This week rainy weather

My tank with fan cooling always range from 73-77
But then the rain make ambient temp drop
That make my range tank become 70-77

Without the fan i could stabilize my temp to 75-78
But i don't want to risk my shrimp with higher temp
Especially since i plan to get some taiwan bee

Is there any temp based electonic timer?
So i could turn off the fan when the temp reach 74?
Thx

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
In some aria's they won't sell "to the public" but only wholesale. But at electrical
supply outlets they have the thermostats which control air conditioners(central units)
and they will do what you want. Cost about $50 depending on aria of the country.
They opperate on millivolts so you would need at least the compatible relay which a
local electrician can tell you the kind to get/w the thermostat. But if your using a
computer fan, they are DC currant so you would need to tell the electrician this so
he could let you know the correct go/w component(s).

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I'd the difference between 70℉ and 73℉ that great that it would affect shrimp?
Just curious.

v3

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the temp reach 72
The shrimp become more passive
The white become more transparent on prl

Still searching for digital thermostat...
Hope i find good one, to turn off and on the fan

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a single Neptune Apex that controls my entire shrimp room. I originally purchased it because I was going to set up a saltwater tank in my living room downstairs, but later decided against it. So, I instead decided to set it up in my room upstairs. It's amazing. I got rid of 4 Coralife outlet timers, a handful of lamp timers, plus a couple extra power strips. I can now view my tank statistics via my phone, turn on or off components, monitor temp, pH, etc for multiple tanks. I know this is by no means a cheap solution - I have the higher end version. However, the Neptune Apex Jr. does all of what I am doing and it is only $219. I just throw it out there as an option. Depending on what you want to spend, at some point it might be worth going for the extra investment because you'd be able to do so much more than just temperature monitoring/activating. Anyway, it is a luxury item, but I'd never go back now that I have seen what I can do with my setup.

·
Registered
706 Posts
second the ranco, they are bullet proof, simple to operate and you can find them cheap on beer kegerator or similar sites. i used to use them for fans but went to chillers then just gave up and use my office ac to keep everything at a nice 70-72F including me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.