The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all , im planning to buy hairgrass (eleocharis parvula)
but i'm worried the hairgrass that im planning to buy is growing from carpet seed which i heard carpet seed is a scam that doesn't last long and messes up the tank ,
Is there a physical difference between hairgrass that is not from carpet seed and that's grows from carpet seed?
its looks like im too paranoid but better safe than sorry
TIA

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The seeds are a scam. Hair grass does not grow from seed. They propagate through runners. These seeds will grow into some sort of "plant" but it will eventually melt in the water. I did this experiment before. It took a long time, a few months, but it melted anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seeds are a scam. Hair grass does not grow from seed. They propagate through runners. These seeds will grow into some sort of "plant" but it will eventually melt in the water. I did this experiment before. It took a long time, a few months, but it melted anyways.
yeah i know they are scam seed which doesnt last long and melt if flooded with water , that's why im planning to buy "real" hairgrass but im too paranoid if the hairgrass grow from carpet seed

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If you buy from a reliable source then they're all real hair grass. Where are you buying it from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there's only one seller which seems selling good hairgrass in my country but not sure if the hairgrass not grow from carpet seed because the seller also sell carpet seed in their store

Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Grass Evergreen

Font Terrestrial plant Grass Screenshot Grassland

pics of testimony from buyer
Plant Natural material Organism Rectangle Terrestrial plant

Water Water resources Plant Natural landscape Waterfall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts