The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i planted my hair grass a week ago and noticed a lot of die off on the old long stalks but bright green new ones coming through. is their a fish that would eat the die off or is it easier to just trim it?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Any fish that eats it would also eat the young stuff. Snails do seem to be great for cleaning up debris though.

Many experienced hair grass growers trim the tops before planting because this is always going to happen. Someday I too will think to do it!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Garra Rufa. They only eat dead matter like dead plants and dead skin. Are popular in the trade for spas doing skin exfoliating but few know they are great for aquariums. Won't eat live plants at all :) and are hard to kill. Some of their closest relatives can survive in water over 100 degrees Fahrenheit!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tadpole are good too, weak mouths though and do not search for food like garra rufas, they just nibble on what they happen to stumble upon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.