The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it need to be removed for the co2 tank to be refilled or can i just stick it on and then get the tank filled

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Im not entirely sure about what you specifically have; but a permaseal is/should be removable. You'll likely need to use an allen wrench to do so. Whether or not it has to be removed prior to filling; I'm not entirely sure and would leave that decision up to whoever it is that fills your tank for you!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would remove it before going to get a refill. Sometimes you won't get it back. Yeah, an allen wrench does the trick.

Reactions: SubstrateSource

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
On the other hand? I have not used one of these as they seem to be a bit more nuisance to solve a problem that I don't find. Is this something that you have found helpful or only something suggested that you have not tried and may not need? I will not try to change your methods if it is something you like but then if it is new, I might suggest that the simple nylon washer works really well and lasts a long time.
Much depends on how you seal it and using a good wrench to get the torgue needed to compress it well.
Question solved if it is not used?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
does it need to be removed for the co2 tank to be refilled or can i just stick it on and then get the tank filled
Hi xxoczukxx,

I use perma-seals on both of my CO2 tanks. As stated they are removable using an allen wrench (aka Hex Key). I remove my perma-seals when I tank my tank for a refill / exchange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts