The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bougth couple rainbow fishes for my tank and one of them seem to be less active i thought at first it was just new to it and it need to be adjust to new tank. so feeding time it doesn't even care it just hanging at the lower tank and barely move. it only move if some other fish spooked it. its been couple of days now and it still do the same thing. don't care about food. and the other rainbow was just roaming all over the place eat like it should. Now if anyone have the similar issue with this?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
How many fish did you purchase? they are schooling fish and very much enjoy schools of 6+. Also how long is the tank (Feet), and size (gallons)? They like relatively long tanks with lots of water flow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many fish did you purchase? they are schooling fish and very much enjoy schools of 6+. Also how long is the tank (Feet), and size (gallons)? They like relatively long tanks with lots of water flow
i just have 2 for now. and it 29gls tanks 30" long.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Personally, i would say to return the fish to the store. Maybe try to find an alternative to the two fish. Possibly some sort of gourami maybe? The 29 gal really suits gourami's.

In the case of the Bosmani, that tank simple does not suit them. If you like them a lot and would really like to keep them, as well as have the ability to, i would upgrade the tank to something far longer and larger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, i would say to return the fish to the store. Maybe try to find an alternative to the two fish. Possibly some sort of gourami maybe? The 29 gal really suits gourami's.

In the case of the Bosmani, that tank simple does not suit them. If you like them a lot and would really like to keep them, as well as have the ability to, i would upgrade the tank to something far longer and larger.
Thanks for input guys. I will to come up with solution for these fishes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts