The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm getting a new light strip for my 10 gallon baby tears tank. and I'm getting a saltwater light strip which has (1) 10,000K Daylight Lamp, (1) Actinic-03 Lamp. I know actinic is not good for plants but if I already have 10,000k with it so is it good enough or do I need to buy 6,700k?
The reason I ask cause I cant find anywhere sell 20inch T5 6,700k.
If anyone know where I can buy that bulb please let me know.
Deep Blue SOLARMAXHO2 HO T5 STRIP 20" is what I bought.

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
As you already know, the actinic bulb is not useful.

The 10,000 K bulb can be used. It will put you just on the border of low/medium light.

If you but on an additional T5NO bulb, it will put you into the medium-high end.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As you already know, the actinic bulb is not useful.

The 10,000 K bulb can be used. It will put you just on the border of low/medium light.

If you but on an additional T5NO bulb, it will put you into the medium-high end.
know anything about LED's I have an LED that supposedly puts out 10k light but I'm not seeing too much plant growth, however my tank get's a nice crisp look from the light

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
know anything about LED's I have an LED that supposedly puts out 10k light but I'm not seeing too much plant growth, however my tank get's a nice crisp look from the light
I wouldn't worry too much about the colour temperature (Kelvin temperature) if that is what you are concerned about. 10,000 K will grow plants just fine.

Perhaps it is the amount of light (light intensity) that is a problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts