1 rubbernose pleco (2inch)
1 danio (1.5inch)

65gal tank
aquaclear 70 filter
eheim canister filter (80gal)

·
Registered
712 Posts
If it's moderately to heavily planted then definitely not overstocked.

Compatibility is another question. Not sure if those Angels would eventually chomp on the smaller fish.

According to that program, which I used when I first got the tank then abandoned, I'm 140% overstocked. I've stressed my tank by disturbing the substrate and overfeeding to see if I'd get an ammonia spike. Good luck..tank is pretty stable.

A lot of it has to do with the filter and level of flora, imo. Then it simply becomes a question of whether the fish physically fit when fully grown and if there's enough room for them to actually enjoy their time in the tank :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
No, not overstocked.
But the neons will become angel food at some point. Danios are schooling fish and need more of their own kind to feel good. The ram needs different water perimeters. You need a second, possibly third tank, lol. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'd say not be a long shot. I have more bioload than that in my 58. As previously stated, flora, filtration & maintenance schedule have a lot to do with it.

Tommy

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sounds ok to me too, though as mentioned the danio sure would appreciate some company.

Rams share the same type water as Angels and neons.

I don't mind reiterating what has been said - there are many variables to this and calculators like the above should be used as a rough guide only, since it does not take into account variables such as how experienced and diligent the keeper is, how well it is live planted and how much space is taken up by non-living decor, the shape of the tank (actual swimming room) and what equipment is being run. And afer all that personal preference matters - I don't like tanks swarming with livestock and prefer more subtlety to my planted setups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.