The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had it submerged since I picked up the moss which would be a few weeks now.
Maybe the guy I got it from left a portion of the moss emersed while he had it...?
So what I am seeing are seeds then right? :confused1:

How long have you had this moss submerged? I've only seen it do this while above water.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
ive seen it on moss that goses untouched for a while.
I think Ive read somewhere its it way of trying to archor it self to something?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've had it submerged since I picked up the moss which would be a few weeks now.
Maybe the guy I got it from left a portion of the moss emersed while he had it...?
So what I am seeing are seeds then right? :confused1:
Actually there are spores inside of those sporophytes. but basically yeah. if you were to take them out and put them on some peat moss that was moist and kept it humid they may germinate but I wouldn't go through the trouble.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
The moss is "seeding", sort of. Those are spore capsules. Nothing terrible is gonna happen, I promise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive seen it on moss that goses untouched for a while.
I think Ive read somewhere its it way of trying to archor it self to something?
I'll have to start tying them down to some mesh or driftwood soon then.

The moss is "seeding", sort of. Those are spore capsules. Nothing terrible is gonna happen, I promise.

Lol that's good to know :D

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
I have lots of these capsules on moss that's growing on a mat I bought at Petco. Doesn't seem to affect the moss itself in the long run, still green and growing, and the baby shrimp love hiding in it.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
I have lots of these capsules on moss that's growing on a mat I bought at Petco. Doesn't seem to affect the moss itself in the long run, still green and growing, and the baby shrimp love hiding in it.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.