The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm on my first attempt at a high tech tank, and I'm wondering if my CO2 is set too high.

As it stands now, my drop checker is yellow (I'm using 4 dkH) and at the end of the day after the CO2 has turned off the pH and kH read 6.4 and 5, respectively. Using a pH-kH chart, this means a CO2 concentration of close to 60ppm which is clearly waaaay higher than the recommended 25-30ppm.

The reason that I'm asking whether or not this is ok is because I've had it set like this for 4-5 days and all of my inhabitants are fine (harlequin rasboras, otocinclus, and amano shrimp). Are there other things I should be looking for? Should I turn my CO2 down?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Keep eye on fish and see how active they are. If they re surfacing, getting noses out of water then no good. But seems all is well. You gotta check out activity of fish and lethargism

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. I ended up turning it down and putting an air stone in overnight just to be sure. My fish kept going to the surface yesterday, but I had readjusted my filter outlet so I think it might've pushed some uneaten food around because I haven't seen them do that.

Can having too much CO2 be bad for your plants in any way?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Can having too much CO2 be bad for your plants in any way?
That could be left up for a good debate. Me personally i think depends on the plant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.