The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New C02 user.

I recently set up my C02 regulator through a sodastream adapter.

So - sodasteam cylinder --> sodastream to cga320 converter -> into my
FZONE Aquarium CO2 Regulator Mini.

I have a 800 reading on my 1st gauge.
My second gauge has 0 Psi. My c02 tank is open and I am adjusting the bubble counter needle valve and the PSI remains at 0 and no bubbles come through. There is only the needle valve off the bubble counter for adjustments.

Plugged into the soloenoid as well. I know the tank has c02 as I can empty it with just the adapter and it still works to carbonate in the sodastream fizzer.

Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Does the solenoid click when powered on and off? That is the most likely thing to break.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Very odd. I guess the next thing to do is check for leaks in the regulator although you'd probably be able to hear it if it was a big enough leak to not allow gas to get past the needle valve and not register on the working pressure gauge.

One more thought, is there a knob to adjust the working pressure? Sometimes this is just a nut/screw on the regulator body. That might be tightened down all the way and you'll need to use a wrench or screw driver to open it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very odd. I guess the next thing to do is check for leaks in the regulator although you'd probably be able to hear it if it was a big enough leak to not allow gas to get past the needle valve and not register on the working pressure gauge.

One more thought, is there a knob to adjust the working pressure? Sometimes this is just a nut/screw on the regulator body. That might be tightened down all the way and you'll need to use a wrench or screw driver to open it.
Yeah I can't hear anything even when I open the C02 canister all the way with the regulator on . I will look for something like that but there is no indication in the manual that there is a working pressure knob.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
0 psi at second gauge, means no co2 pass through the valve inside the regulator.
it is a single valve piston design and the moving part inside easy to get stuck...

open the valve, where you see the spring and valve seat, clean and lube everything, you might get it to work again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts