The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had this betta for nearly a year. While feeding this evening I noticed some tiny black spots on his fins. Never seen them before today. What do you all think? are they symptoms of a disease?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm no expert and the pictures are kind of blurry, but it looks like he has darker coloring in some other spots, too. He could just be marbled.
Thank you

Have you checked your water parameters? Some betta develop marbling over time, but it's better to be sure his water is in good shape before jumping to disease treatment.
Thank you, I’ll check the water.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a white betta with spots that turned solid blue. If you buy a koi betta from some of the online dealers they will tell you that the fish you bought may look different by the time it arrives. I guess the stress during the shipment can sometimes hasten the color change. So, your fish may be perfectly fine but like others have already suggest it may be a good idea to check your water parameters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.