The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i bought my anub petite 2 weeks ago , quarantine for 1 week and attached on driftwood 4 days ago today i noticed 2 leaves looks like gonna melt , 1 leaves almost melt completely but i cut it
Tableware Dishware Liquid Fluid Food

i check the rhizome , still green but some part especially the part that cut by seller have some brown stuff (looks like diatom) i tried to touch it but it didnt go so i think this is not diatom.
Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flowering plant Annual plant

Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass

Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Groundcover Annual plant

Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Groundcover Flowering plant

is this normal? im worried its caused by fungus or bacteria or maybe anubias rot?

thanks in advanced

·
Registered
466 Posts
Not long ago I got some from another member here and every single plant leaf died and fell off. I'm pretty sure they all came back, but If the rhizome gets squishy it's gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not long ago I got some from another member here and every single plant leaf died and fell off. I'm pretty sure they all came back, but If the rhizome gets squishy it's gone.
thanks for answer my question , i tried to touch with tweezers i dont know how to describe it , it's kind like firm like tiny broccoli stem i dont feel any squishy part

·
Registered
179 Posts
Then you should be good. I’ve learned that you can cut or tear off the bad leaves of anubias. HOWEVER, if you cut them, make sure you cut as close to the rhizome as possible. Reason being is that what’s left of the stalk will turn brown and rot and will not go away until you remove it or it will block the plant from producing new leaves. Any leaf that looks damaged or has holes, get rid of it and you’ll see new growth sprout in no time. This is as long as your running CO2, much longer recovery time in non injected tanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
thanks for answer my question , i tried to touch with tweezers i dont know how to describe it , it's kind like firm like tiny broccoli stem i dont feel any squishy part
If all the leaves come off there is no guarantee the plant will recover, but many of mine are. Just over the weekend I did pull one rhizome out that was just not doing anything at all. I am running CO2 and good light in a lightly stocked aquarium.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts