The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i already have one that has it's roots in a vase full of water i just would like to know if those roots would be aquarium safe.

I searched the net and read that it was OK i just want to double check with you guys.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

As i stated i just want the roots in the aquarium with a little of the stem in as well.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sure, go ahead. One LFS has Pothos Ivy thriving like that! The root system has actually taken over about ½ of the whole tank (about 400 l). :) I wouldn't place a new cutting in the tank, though, in fear of its fluids leaking into the tank (though they should be safe). So, a rooted cutting might be the best option or a well washed potplant (might take a bit time adjusting to watery conditions).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
why wouldn't it be safe? it's non toxic. My iguana eats it. i find new clippings actually grow better with roots emmersed.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Thanks everyone. I have one that is in a glass vase with water in it already and it has it's water roots too. I am going to give it a go. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

This is the filter in my terrarium. I have had that pothos in there for a few months. It started from one leave, but i have enough nutrients in there to grow a heavy planted ten gallon too. But anyway, it is living proof pothos does okay emmersed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Pothos is a really nice plant to grow like that. It grows fast and prettily and so do many other house plants when grown like that. :)

I had lots of Pothos growing from my old 38G tank, you can see some leaves on the left side of the picture in this message, but most of it is growing against the wall behind the tank and can't be seen: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/271261-post116.html

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

Pothos is a really nice plant to grow like that. It grows fast and prettily and so do many other house plants when grown like that. :)

I had lots of Pothos growing from my old 38G tank, you can see some leaves on the left side of the picture in this message, but most of it is growing against the wall behind the tank and can't be seen: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/271261-post116.html
Rain your tank looks amazing. Thanks for showing it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts