The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Either you light is too high or on for too long in the second tank. Or both.
But you might put Macrandra in Google search and look for "images". The leaf shape don't look right to me but may be due to immature plants.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried google image before i put my question here. Thanks for the suggestion though. The lighting in the second tank is definitely somewhere in mid lighting, my glossostigma spreads vertically in that tank. Its on for 8 hour straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm no expert but something that helped me in my low-tech setup was dividing the light period into 2 smaller blocks. In your case maybe 4 hour on, 2-3 hours off, 4 hours on. This would allow some CO2 to build back up in the off period in the middle so the 2nd light period would have access to more CO2 and be more productive.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lets just ignore the algae stuffs i have in my red cherry shrimp tank. I've been trying to look through it again, it doesn't look like macranda to me now as the picture of R. Macranda green shows that the Macranda has bigger leaves and stems. The plant i'm asking has the body of stem like Rotala mini sp butterfly. Rotala sp green may be ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please be R. Macrandra Green as i have already sold one batch under that name. Thank yall for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts