The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well...is it? I was thinking of using it - likely as a floating plant (rather than attempting to keep it on the substrate) - in a 5 gallon with about 1,800 lumens of 5000k CFL light (no clue what that is for PAR), on a walstad-esque lighting schedule (5 hours on, 4 off, 4 on), and was going to dose micronutrients and perhaps small amounts of nitrate and phosphate (I was expecting the plants to use the ammonia the tank produces as their primary nitrogen source); calcium, magnesium, and potassium were going to be dosed with water changes (the lights will be off on the day of the water change to minimize the effect of the likely CO2 swing on the plants); I was also planning to dose a half dose of excel daily when the plants were first introduced. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Hornwort sheds when water chemistry changes. Most of all when first introduced to a tank. I frankly won't use it again in part for this reason. In order to keep it from shedding as much as possible you want to keep your water as stable as possible. I doubt it can be stopped from shedding entirely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.