The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for new shrimp to be very colorless? I ordered some RCS from a member on the boards and they arrived nowhere near as red as I had hoped. I'm just wondering if this is a condition due to shipping stress?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Given that you have good water conditions, your shrimp will color up nicely over the next day or two as they acclimate to your tank. They lose their color when stressed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Your shrimp (the females at least) should color up once acclimated to their new conditions. It is normal for them to arrive quite colorless due to the stress of shipping.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also, the males don't color much at all. They're pretty clear with the reddish stripes on either side of the "spine." Keep the lights off for a day and make sure they have moss and plants to hang on to. I'm sure they'll color up in no time.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I noticed mine coloring up within 2-4 hours of receiving them. Full coloration in about 48 hours. Just follow what others said and they'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
::nods::

though I have some pretty nice looking boys. not fully red like the girls, but with little tiger stripes of red all over them.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
::nods::

though I have some pretty nice looking boys. not fully red like the girls, but with little tiger stripes of red all over them.
::sticks tung out::

Yeah but my males are prettiest with gold tinge:tongue:

Follow advise from others...And don't really pay attention to my ownishness :icon_lol: (lol)

-Andrew

·
Registered
596 Posts
Also take into account that many people ship juveniles because they are more hardy when it comes to shipping. If that's the case they may take significantly longer to color up fully.

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts