The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
There is now snow white TB, it is just a CRS or CBS that is white with no red or balck. Skeleton refers to the clear areas in the body, where the color does not fill in. In most cases when it gets older the White will fill in

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I know that is the conventional thinking, however I also know that some TB look very much like CRS or CBS.

So going a step further, there has to be an occasional snow white doppelganger TB. No?

To me it makes no sense to identify the TB clones CRS or CBS as TB (not talking misch here or true crs/cbs), and yet not accept the possibility of a snow white TB as well.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
So snow white = golden bee?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
not really. snow white is just that white where as a golden is more of a yellow or cream color. side by side you would be able to see the difference.

soothing my understanding is with crs/cbs and tb its the color of the face that makes the difference crystals tent to have white around the eyes/face where as tb have color on the face/around the eyes. thats how you can tell the difference between the 2. yes they may look alot alike and have the same number of color stripes but the face is the way to tell

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
+1 to wicca, no TB looks just like a CRS or CBS. They look different, onlything that will look like a CRS or CBS is a Mischling. A CRS CBS Golden Snowhite Hybrid from a TB. So to answer no that snow white is just that a snow white type CRS/CBS with no color. The snow white look for a TB is the mutation into a Blue bolt or Red Bolt.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Golden bee's are funny things. From only 2 females, one with clear flesh and poor white coverage and another with solid white shell and yellow flesh, and 10 males (golden to snow color range) I got a lot of different offspring in three batches. I have a few blue bolt, a wide range of white shell coverage from skeleton to very solid with variations of clear/whiteish "snow" flesh, and yellow "golden bee" flesh.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Golden bee's are funny things. From only 2 females, one with clear flesh and poor white coverage and another with solid white shell and yellow flesh, and 10 males (golden to snow color range) I got a lot of different offspring in three batches. I have a few blue bolt, a wide range of white shell coverage from skeleton to very solid with variations of clear/whiteish "snow" flesh, and yellow "golden bee" flesh.

Yes, there are 3 color styles for golden bees...
-the golden variety which carries genes for both golden bee (all types) and CRS
-the pink or reddish variety which also carries genes for golden bee (all types) and the CRS
-the snow white variety which carries genes for golden bee (all types) and genes for CBS

This is not counting any Taiwan bee introduction into the gene pool. Actually, the different varieties of goldens are often used to strengthen different forms of common bees. The snow white that have exceptional color have been bred out to form the high level and costly pure snow white shrimp you see BUT they have also been used to thicken, enrich and add to the white of CBS and in turn, back to CRS. In fact rumors abound regarding this being ONE OF the ways that Pure Lines were created...then bred back out over successive generations.
Now, in my experience I can disagree slightly with Steve said above about the color filling in. Sometimes it does, and other times it does not and a "skeleton" type is formed. These used to be extremely popular until about 1.5 years ago when it was discovered that the color gene for the shell being white interfered with the color gene of blue in the blue bolt. It became known that the use of Skeletons in your blue bolt colony could/would eventually produce skeletons in the BB and thus the shrimp produced had more and more blue color due to areas of "Clear" no white sections allowed the blue gene to fill in those areas not "blocked" by the white. Now you never see them for sale anymore. In fact several times over the last two years I have had customers email me and ask to buy ALL the "nastiest, worst golden's I had". I just emailed them back one thing..."Sorry but I have none available due to my own BB selective breeding program. =)" I can attest to this genetic play as I have produced some exceptional BB from the use of Skeletons. I will have to post some pics of BB I have going using this method sometime. It is slightly more complicated than that, but as a general rule it is true

·
Registered
381 Posts
Very very cool information orhunterfisher. :icon_cool It seems really difficult to find much info on goldens/snow much less their breeding relation to anything aside from CRS. Also explains a bit why my rattiest girl gave me little bb and skeletons.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
...soothing my understanding is with crs/cbs and tb its the color of the face that makes the difference crystals tent to have white around the eyes/face where as tb have color on the face/around the eyes. thats how you can tell the difference between the 2....
So as long as a crystal has color on the face/eyes it's a TB?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.