The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought a Hoke 1345G1Y off of evilbay, and it has small 1/16 tube fittings. If I just wanted to build a decent CO2 setup with it, would it be ok? I understand it'll be fragile. It should work, correct?

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I would not worry as I use needle valves a bit different than the "normal" commercial setup. I don't like all my equipment hanging on the CO2 tank down under the stand where I have to kneel to reach it. That leaves me mounting the solenoid and needle valve off the reg and on the stand. Using tubing to tie the parts together lets me put the needle valve and fragile stuff like the bubble counter on tubing and so I can lay them back out of the way when I need to change out the CO2 tank.
I use the small 10-32 fittings and find no trouble with breaking them so your 1/16 should be fine if you find the correct fittings to use your choice of tubing and just place it remote from the rest. The tubing is flexible and takes the force as long as you don't really trip over it or such. It can even lay in the floor if nothing else seems handy?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.