The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched video on youtube with people making background for Aquariums/Terrarium/Vivarium/paludarium or whatever type of -arium you can think of using " great stuff"

They will use it to make fake roots, rocks, walls, or fill in spaces between real roots, rocks,bark,etc... to like mount it to the back wall of their project.

Can anyone confirm this is not toxic for fish and plants?

I use to think that superglue was the most toxic chemical and was shocked when I learned that reef aquariums use it all the time to attach fragments of coral to their tank. Perhaps this great stuff is the same type of thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
It's probably okay. However, the same company makes one for ponds, GREAT STUFF™ POND & STONE. They advertise this product to be fish and plant safe.

It is more expensive, $8 versus $4, but for the small difference in price I wouldn't hesitate to pay a little more since it's designed for this purpose. Why take any chances? It'll also last much longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.