The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically what the title says, is seachem equilibrium really a good source for micros, like boron? i have a low tech tank and am dosing equilibrium with potassium nitrate and mono potassium phosphate. i am starting to see some deficiencies and was wondering if i should have used csm+b instead. but i would still need equilibrium anyways b/c i have a low gh, right.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Equilibrium dosed at high enough levels has good K+, and a nice Ca:Mg ratio to go with it if your tap is lacking in either. The extra won't hurt in most cases as their source for both doesn't add to KH. It adds lean but satisfactory amounts of Fe at these levels, and adequate Mn. I believe about 1g for every 7.5-10 gal should achieve these levels off the top of my head.

I've reccomended it to people in countries with strict fertilizer laws, along side seachem N+, P and sometimes Fe. That or a TPN+ base with a little seachem K+ works as well if I remember right. Still, both are more expensive than DIY, and IMO more effort to dose once you've got things figured out.

-Philosophos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts