The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is black tiger shrimp beginner friendly for Caridina species?

399 4
Hi all, i have a 50 gallon heavily planted tank.

I have tried to red cherry shrimp as many people mentioned they are really hardy.
To my surprise they breed like wild fire.

I understand Caridina are generally less harder compared to Neo Caridina. I came across this site Black Tiger Shrimp and it seems black tiger shrimp which is under Caridina seem to be quite hardy as well.

If possible i hope to breed them especially the OE ones. I am not sure will i be able to get OE ones by breeding regualr ones.

My water parameters are
PH: 6.9
KH : 7
GH: 11
Temp: 24 °C /75 °
TDS: 160-210

Anybody with relevant experience feel free to chime in.
Thanks alot of reading :)

Some images for my tank over the months

Reactions: minor92304
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,861 Posts
Removed your link, as it was beyond spammy and riddled with trackers but left your post intact.

Anybody with relevant experience feel free to chime in.
There are tons of people here who keep Tiger Shrimp. Have you searched any here in the Shrimp section of the forum or in the Tank Journals section? If not, definitely do that when you get a chance because you'll find tons of threads that will be really helpful.

Tigers are relatively hardy for sure and they're easy to keep if you maintain stable parameters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removed your link, as it was beyond spammy and riddled with trackers but left your post intact.

There are tons of people here who keep Tiger Shrimp. Have you searched any here in the Shrimp section of the forum or in the Tank Journals section? If not, definitely do that when you get a chance because you'll find tons of threads that will be really helpful.

Tigers are relatively hardy for sure and they're easy to keep if you maintain stable parameters.
Thanks for the swift response and sorry for the spammy link.

Just wanted to see if the veterans here will sound off any alarms at my relatively high Gh and Kh values.

·
Administrator
17,861 Posts
Thanks for the swift response and sorry for the spammy link.

Just wanted to see if the veterans here will sound off any alarms at my relatively high Gh and Kh values.
Don't worry about it at all.

kH is a little high but still close enough to what I would consider acceptable parameters for it to be fine. How are you measuring kH and gH? Using a liquid test kit? What brand?

Temperature is warmer than I would prefer but also not a deal-breaker.

Just take your time acclimating them to your parameters, take time introducing them to CO2 and focus on stability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry about it at all.

kH is a little high but still close enough to what I would consider acceptable parameters for it to be fine. How are you measuring kH and gH? Using a liquid test kit? What brand?

Temperature is warmer than I would prefer but also not a deal-breaker.

Just take your time acclimating them to your parameters, take time introducing them to CO2 and focus on stability.
I am using api liquid test kits for Ammonia Nitrite and Nitrate

for Gh and Kh I am using JBL currently :)

my planted tank has been running for 6 months.

once again really appreciate the response !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts