The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm wondering if the AquaIllumination Prime Freshwater would be overkill for an ADA 45p freshwater which I just ordered.
The dimensions of the tank are 45 x 27 x 30cm (approx. 18" x 11" x 12"), and is roughly 9 gallons. I plan on having a high tech setup with CO2 and ADA amazonia. I love how this light looks and apparently performs, but will it be useless for a small tank like this? Does anyone have experience using this light on small tanks? I have only ever used Finnex lights and I would something a little more professional. If there is an obviously better option, please speak up. Looks like there is a wide range of dimmability and programmability. Thanks.

Prime Freshwater » AquaIllumination®
https://aquaforestaquarium.com/prod...-ultra-high-clarity-glass?variant=17834772673

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I think it'd be pretty useful for a tank that size, you'd just need to figure out what % to run the light at to maximize plant growth/minimize algae.

Unfortunately for the Prime HD freshwater, there doesn't seem to be as much (if any) content from AI on user settings, schedules, etc. They have a ton of info on that for their saltwater lights.

Apparently you can save your settings (intensities, light spectrum, schedule) and share them with people for the saltwater lights, I assume you can do the same for freshwater. It may be worthwhile seeing if others of the site that use the light would be willing to do that.

I've got two of the lights arriving tomorrow to go on a 54 gallon corner tank.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Going off of what aubie said. I had the marine version and yes you can save schedules and and have others download your schedules and such with the fresh version. If though these lights have been out for some time now it seems like people aren't really sharing talking about them. I mean i have seen a few threads started but nothing to the point of people showing the schedules their running or really getting in depth. I have one going over a 24jbj. I used the tank for salt with the marine version but switching it to fresh with the fresh AI. the way the light it its really good for cube style tanks or medium size rectangles.

the good things about the light is the programming. the wide range that they can be used for is great even on a small tank like the one you want to use it for. using the app or web version youll have to play around with a little but its very easy to play with it and to understand.

at the end of the month/start of next month (since im moving) ill be finally fully setting up the system so Ill create a thread with my schedules and show people step by step (its super easy to do) how to be able to save and download each others schedules so be on the look out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.