The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is 3 gallons enough for about 5 shrimp?

1314 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  teimurijervakani
I'm still cycling it right now, but I'm extremely worried that it's going to be too small. The absolute last thing I want to do is abuse some poor little shrimps. And I really hope I don't get hate for this, I have anixety and just have been freaking out pretty badly for like 3 hours. This is my first aquarium ever and my dad bought the tank for me. Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
I'm still cycling it right now, but I'm extremely worried that it's going to be too small. The absolute last thing I want to do is abuse some poor little shrimps. And I really hope I don't get hate for this, I have anixety and just have been freaking out pretty badly for like 3 hours. This is my first aquarium ever and my dad bought the tank for me. Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you!
The size isn't a problem in term of bioload.I'm keeping about 10 of them in a 3 gal tank and with less feeding they won't produce that much waste. Your biggest concern would be water stability and lack of experience.
Stability won't be a problem unless your tape water is unstable which I think should be rare or do something that deviates your tank water parameters from your tape, like pouring the water that the shrimps comes with in the tank or using substrate and decoration that effect your water parameters.
The lack of experience is of course expected for anyone starting in the hobby but you can gain it in either the hard way or the easy way. The hard way is killing lots of shrimps before learning how to properly take care of them and the easy way is to just discuss your problems here. I learned in a really hard way and killed many shrimps by trying to use "brilliant" ideas which I came up with only to see them fail miserably .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts