The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking today- I have a rather unusual combination of likings for a fish and invert keeper.

1.) I love inspirational reggae and dub (SOJA, Rebelution, Chris Boomer, etc.)

2.) I'm into herpetology (studying reptiles)

3.) I like free drawing eerie things

4.) I like wondering around nature reserves and state parks in search of wildlife.

5.) (part of #2) I often educate small groups of people about reptiles and amphibians (especially snakes since they have such a bad rep), and avidly observe, capture, and photograph reptiles in their natural habitat.

What likings do you have or what things do you do that seem a little unusual for the "average" fishkeeper? Just curious and interested about what everyone else does. lol.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
im into metal (pantera, sepultura)

i like herps also, have had a ball python for about 18 years now

im a computer nerd (associates in IT)

i love going to the park as well.

i love cars (classics, imports, classic imports, jeeps, really anything that is bad @$$ or goes fast)

i enjoy deep sea fishing as well

i feel like im filling out my profile for eharmoney

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
im more of a bmx / flatland type of bike person.
why do you want road tires when the knobie dirt tires work on both, but road tires dont work in dirt to well. imo dirt tires are the best of both worlds. or get dirt tires with a less agresive tred.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Day call me: "Da Plant Man"

'nuff said.

Okay, maybe it wasn't 'nuff said"

My friends really do call me "Nacho" or "Da plant man"
I keep rare plants, try to make money from this hobby but fail miserably.
I own goats.
My name is Caton
I live in a town of 2,000 with the nearest town being 6 miles away with 600 people
I go to a school with my other two classmate
I was homeschooled all my previous life
I culture microworms
and to add to all this
I have over 3,000 post's on some random forum called: "plantedtank.net" dedicated to the keeping of aquatic plants.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im more of a bmx / flatland type of bike person.
why do you want road tires when the knobie dirt tires work on both, but road tires dont work in dirt to well. imo dirt tires are the best of both worlds. or get dirt tires with a less agresive tred.
Well I do ride to a different town about 10 miles away every now and then, and it would be A LOT easier with road tires. My friends do that and there is a god percent difference between the two. I like mountain biking, but not often anymore do I get to go. I mostly ride through town and along the little lanes and streets around here.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I fail to see any real irony in most of those things, but since we are talking about unique aspects of our lives, I will play along.

I'm an adrenaline junky. I drive fast. I race karts. I love motorcycles and fast cars. I'm often found at a race track of some sort, either watching- working or driving. I enjoy coasters. I want to go sky diving.

I am a car nut and have over $40,000 in tools and tool storage- currently working on a 45x30 4car garage. I own 5 cars and a motorcycle.

I love horror movies. And comedies. And even love stories sometimes. I like watching tv and movies, leaving here in a bit to go see two movies at the theater today.

I'm a bit of a nerd, but also played lots of sports.

I talk a lot but don't listen very well.

I like metal, old country, cowboy music, hard rock and most other music. If you see me and there is no music pllaying, you should check my pulse.

I want to have a small zoo at my house. I love all animals and especially want a rattle snake.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i listen to techno music (who needs guitars anyway)

I LOVE anime and manga

I enjoy road biking and kayaking
:drool:I love that album. Alice Deejay is amazing.

I love anime too. My favorite is Toradora. (who's isn't?)

I love Vocaloid music (goes along with anime quite a bit) Can you tell the singing is a computer?

My favorite song is probably
This one

I am not a nerd (Most people think just because I like anime that I'm a nerd)

I am a cross country and track runner.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I like gangsta rap
I read everything about fish and planted tanks that I can find.
I'm a chef and my specialty is Fish...
I race my motorcycle and stunt them.
I race cars and love to work on them.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I fail to see any real irony in most of those things, but since we are talking about unique aspects of our lives, I will play along.

I'm an adrenaline junky. I drive fast. I race karts. I love motorcycles and fast cars. I'm often found at a race track of some sort, either watching- working or driving. I enjoy coasters. I want to go sky diving.

I am a car nut and have over $40,000 in tools and tool storage- currently working on a 45x30 4car garage. I own 5 cars and a motorcycle.

I love horror movies. And comedies. And even love stories sometimes. I like watching tv and movies, leaving here in a bit to go see two movies at the theater today.

I'm a bit of a nerd, but also played lots of sports.

I talk a lot but don't listen very well.

I like metal, old country, cowboy music, hard rock and most other music. If you see me and there is no music pllaying, you should check my pulse.

I want to have a small zoo at my house. I love all animals and especially want a rattle snake.
It's my twin talking... except for the music you're just like me...

·
Registered
924 Posts
i live in canada but love tropical fish...

i run a fish rescue

im on the board of directors of a political party... some ppl think boring i think CHANGE!!!

i have suckered at least 4 ppl into the joys of owning fish and my 14 yr old sis breeds her angels on a regular basis... i dont know how she does it! she must have magic dusting powda... ;)

Amy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.