The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys.

I dosed Micros (Plantex CSM+B) yesterday, and decided to go ahead and add in some Flourish Iron with it per the bottle's directions. It resulted in very hazy and cloudy water. Woke up today and saw that some of my plants like S. Repens and Ludwigia are curling, which they had not been prior yesterday's dosing incident. I'm sure it does not have anything to do with Mg or Calcium since this tank has been healthy and deficiency free, and Las Vegas has hard water.

All my livestock seem to be fine and no deaths occurred. Assuming the curling behavior is from Iron, do I continue on with my EI Macro dosing today, and Micro dosing tomorrow? I don't want to run the risk of dosing if the plants can't absorb it in their current state. Thanks!

·
Banned
628 Posts
It is Phosphate mixing with Iron causing the haze. My tank does it too. But the haze doesn't usually do anything to your plants. It might have been an Iron overdose. It's really easy to make mistakes in this hobby. I just spilled a gallon of water on the carpet. At least that didn't do anything to the plants. It didn't even upset my wife. Maybe she didn't see it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
😂 "maybe she didn't see it" it's just funny, that's why my husband and I can continue on- we don't watch each other during tank maintenance. Neither of us wants to see the amount of damage the other is doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.