The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

What is the Standard EI Method ratio between Iron and Boron (Fe : B)?
Values vary, some places I read its 5:1 while others 7:1. The rotala calculator gives me ratio of 3:1.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Others might chime in. I don't believe there is a "standard" ratio to the "estimative" index method. Rotala Butterfly Calc is pretty good to go by. I'd say choose a ratio and stick with it for now. See how your plants start responding to it and make changes to your mix if necessary. It will take weeks to months before you may feel the need to change the ration. Good luck!

Also, just some advice, wait for responses to your other posts before reposting essentially the same question several times over.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Others might chime in. I don't believe there is a "standard" ratio to the "estimative" index method. Rotala Butterfly Calc is pretty good to go by. I'd say choose a ratio and stick with it for now. See how your plants start responding to it and make changes to your mix if necessary. It will take weeks to months before you may feel the need to change the ration. Good luck!

Also, just some advice, wait for responses to your other posts before reposting essentially the same question several times over.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.