The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have them let me know. I currently have a 3gs but was offered a trade of the inspire. My original plan was to sell my 3gs and buy a refurb iphone4 from att. Please dont let it turn into a heated debate (if thats possible).

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i have an htc inspire and it is by far the best phone i have ever owned. Fairly simple to root as well. i think it blows iphone away and is far cheaper than an iphone as well. the stock rom is a battery killer tho, thats my only complaint with this phone, but the custom rom i installed (cm7) greatly improves that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would wholeheartedly recommend trying the inspire. I switched from the 3gs to the inspire, with some trepidation at first, but ultimately I am more than satisfied with the phone. I did take the route of rooting my phone (for which I would be happy to share resources / instructions that I have found) which is what takes the inspire (or any hardware comparable android device) into the realm of "better than the iPhone" for me.

The major advantages I have seen with the iPhone are the seamless integration with Google services, massive customizability of UI features, Widgets, and freedom from the apple walled garden. I do have a Macbook, which I thouroughly enjoy, so I'm not saying that out of any anti-apple perspective. There is just so much more potential with the android os.

The major disadvantages for newcomers to android will be the lack of iTunes, slightly higher learning curve, and the lesser availability of accessories like skins, cases, and docking solutions.

That's my general take on it, but feel free to ask any specific questions you might have.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Yep, new iPhone come September, either the 4s or the 5 or both according to the rumors.

I have the 4 and I had the 3GS before then for two years and Im loving the 4.. Gotta get a bumper or something for it though, the new ones won't have the antenna gate issue that the 4 "has". My friend has the inspire and I like it a lot. I've actually ported android to some older HTC phones and enjoyed it, but nothing operates as smoothly as the iPhone. If I go to scroll the menu screen and it lags, it's not an iPhone lol.. But to each his own, both are quality handsets, I just prefer the iPhone. And you can always jailbreak it and use winterboard or even dreamboard to fully customize the ui of the iPhone, even to where it looks exactly like the android with widgets and everything..

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would most definitely go with the HTC inspire, best phone, and way faster than the iPhone. I have gone through 4 iPhone's and they keep freezing and crashing on me, or in one case the back light just out of nowhere died and they had to replace the whole phone, i have given up on iPods, iPhones and apple products in general.
I now have gone to the HTC inspire, i could not be more happy, amazing phone and even if the iPhones didn't fail on me they were slower and more expensive, for the most part with Apple you are just paying for the brand not the product.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I say Iphone, because lets face it. Apple is going to take over the world..
actually google is, they own the majority of fibre optic cable already laid in the US, most of it is not even lit yet, plus there building huge data centers near uninteruptable powerplants. there going to basically controle the internet, once they do that the world is next. there business model is actually very interesting. they own alot of everything.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i think a huge plus for the inspire is the battery is (easily) replaceable, and the memory is (easily) upgradeable, and dirt cheap. Actually its cheaper than some of the dirt ADA sells. apple is to propriatory for me. i like to be able to customize. I'm telling you this CM7 rom i installed blows away the stock os.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
actually google is, they own the majority of fibre optic cable already laid in the US, most of it is not even lit yet, plus there building huge data centers near uninteruptable powerplants. there going to basically controle the internet, once they do that the world is next. there business model is actually very interesting. they own alot of everything.
True. The internet is dying though, apps are taking it's place. Half of us post using tapatalk instead of actually typing a web address.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I'm gonna give the inspire a go. It's an even trade for me, 3GS for his inspire. And I still have an upgrade available on my account if I don't like it down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok got the inspire, whats next? I'd definitely like to work on battery usage. Any sites I should know about for all the info?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definitley look at xda developers and rootzwiki. If you like the UI of the stock inspire, which is called "sense UI", then look for the leedroid rom. It is great on battery, allows overclocking, and works great. Personally, I use cyanogenmod 7 which is not a sense UI rom. You'll want to read up on rooting at the xda forum. I can find you some more specific links when I am at my computer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I have a little concern since i see my signature says from my desire even though it was traded as an inspire. Are they the same phone?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.