The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with IPA products? Lots of stuf on eBay and it looks like good stuff at reasonable prices. For instance:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Kinda wierd that there's nothing about this mfg. when googling IPA- and what the heck is a "basis-set" anyway? There's always room for new, quality products in our hobby, but one would think there might be some information (or promotion) by the actual manufacturer.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I would hazard a guess that the "Basis-Set" should be "Basic-Set" as it consists of a bubble counter, reactor, and drop checker.

The reactor looks interesting. I am wondering about the in and out line sizes, and the materials it is constructed from. The bubble counter looks like one of the older Aqua Medics and the drop checker looks like a version of the Red Sea unit. Seems like there is some potential....

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
AH! Just found it on eBay.

Plastic. Not that that is bad, but something in me would be concerned about the hose barbs if the plastic is....shall we say...junky? Certainly something I'd like to inspect in person.

Price is cheap enough though, so if you wanted to take a flyer you'd get a bubble counter and drop checker at the very least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts