The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, Well lots of you know I've been going crazy trying to cook something up that is almost edible for humans, but is intended for our lovely inverts (especially shrimp). This is one of the better attempts but is by no means going to be the best stuff I ever make. Here are some pictures of my best attempt yet!

1/2 cup I'm pretty sure...

And This is all I have on it's side with a rubber band and a quarter.

Nothing was exact but the ingredients where:

Orange
GARLIC
summer squash
zucchini
cucumber
strawberries
a bit of spinach
parsley
some tomatoes

The strips are approximatly 4 inches long and about an inch across. I am thinking of cutting it up and making 1 inch squares what does everyone think? and about 1 cup would be like $8 shipped or something like that.

3 strips is about 1/2ths of a cup +\- a little bit... not too sure how many square inches of it it would be probably about 10-12

One more thing, This batch wasn't perfect:icon_neut on one side there is wax paper that won't come off. So after you put this in the tank you will need to take out the wax paper when they have eaten it all. This is why I'm going to recommend NOT FEEDING THIS BATCH TO FISH! I have fed it to my shrimp and snails in the 55g and haven't had any problem. Within a minuet of being in my 55g it was COVERED with shrimp!

Post here and PM me if interested!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks cool. Maybe I'll buy them later on when I have shrimp :D
Alright, this batch is probably the only one like it ever. I will have similar batches though since I'm going to get a dehydrator or two maybe, depending on how much people want food!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'll give it a go! PM!
Replied to the PM!

What are the ingredients?
Nothing was exact but the ingredients where:

Orange
GARLIC
summer squash
zucchini
cucumber
strawberries
a bit of spinach
parsley
some tomatoes

Hope this helps!

-Andrew

PS, I'm probably going to cut it up into squares is anyone not in favor of this? Also, I'll throw in xtra to all buyers since I kinda want to get this out of here so I can keep making new food thats better and better!

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ummmm, looks yummy kinda like seasoned beef jurkey:D
Yeah I thought of the same thing.

On a serious note. I just measured and this batch only has 4 half cup portions available so if you want some you need to speak up fast! 2 are pending at the moment. So that makes two available.

Just so everyone knows I cut them up so It was easier to get a good accurate 1/2 cup of yummy shrimp food!

Today I'm probably going to make some more.... Does anyone have a problem with me using wax paper again? It makes it really easy to cut up and makes it keep it's shape.

Thanks for all the support!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will be shipping out tomorrow, sorry for the delay I've been sick:icon_frow

-Andrew

2 more are left so everyone knows

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They where shipped out today! should be at your house by the end of next week:icon_smil (I've heard USPS has been a little slow lately.... But it should get to you guys buy wensday...)

One package left!

-Andrew

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm just curious. How would one know if some of the ingredients are safe for shrimp? I was just wondering because I know allot of people that are told to stay away from tomotoes for some reason I can't remember. It has to do with the acid.
Has anybody else thought this or am I just being an overprotected shrimp owner :)

Also, did you bake these or put them in a dehydrator?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you should put them in clear baggies with a stylish label on lol

maybe do a deal, $10 for a half cup and 3 shrimp, now THAT would sell like mad

i would buy some but im in uk :(
Heh, they where in a clear bag.. Didn't take the time to make a stylish label because this was more or less a one time thing with this ingredient list...

I'm just curious. How would one know if some of the ingredients are safe for shrimp? I was just wondering because I know allot of people that are told to stay away from tomotoes for some reason I can't remember. It has to do with the acid.
Has anybody else thought this or am I just being an overprotected shrimp owner :)

Also, did you bake these or put them in a dehydrator?

Thanks
I had them taste tested by my RCS and CRS and otto. None died after a nice BIG piece. The tomatoes where well washed and what you're probably thinking about is maybe if they had pesticides sprayed on them?

They where baked over a agonizingly long period of a few days with the oven off and on, each day... I have a dehydrator now though, so that's what I've been using for ny next product that will go to market moday or tuesday..

-Andrew

oh PS. I'm also an over protective shrimp keeper Don't Worry.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Might want to try Parchment Paper or a Silicon Pan liner instead of the wax paper. Both can be found at upscale kitchen stores like Crate and Barrel or Sur La Table.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts