The Planted Tank Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Bristlenose plecs would be fine I have four in a 56g because they only get to around 5-6" as a max depending on male and female and are pretty (well I think they are). Otos and Shrimp like Amanos would be good too.

Nice tank though I'll swap you for a bottle of jack. :wink:
I have 3 BN albino plecos in there now and they're quite happy. They're just getting big enough to start showing the bristles on the nose.

My angels would just make an expensive snack out of any shrimp except the biggest. The angels aren't as piggy as the black skirts are, though. You'd swear the black skirts were never fed. Act like they're piranhas!

The offers of libation are greatly appreciated! After the day at work today, I could certainly use them, but I think I'll hang on to the tank for a little while longer. LOL!:biggrin::icon_lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Not unusual for their first couple of tries. With mine they tried again about a month later.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
That's what I'm looking forward to. If I ever want to keep the babies, I'll pull them to a different tank. Good to see another Michigander here!

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's what I'm looking forward to. If I ever want to keep the babies, I'll pull them to a different tank. Good to see another Michigander here!
If you ever do get interested in trying to raise them, there is a lot of good info available on the web. I have been thinking about getting Angels again when I set up my 72. Also have a couple of empty 20s and an empty 50 that I could use if I decided to seriously try breeding them. It is nice to see quite a few people on here from Michigan :)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
3/15/13 Full tank shot

Here's today's picture. Still low tech, despite increasing the lights just a bit. I have added a 48" T5 single and a 24" T5 single to the tank to replace the T8 lighting I had. I like the effect and so far, the plants are too. Gave away a few of the baby Ocelot swords to make more elbow room for the other swords. The Amazon in the back started at 2" tall in Sept. It's almost 10" now.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts