The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planted Tank suggests to get started with an introductory thread. So here we go..

The hobby of keeping aquariums was introduced to me early in life by my father. I've kept a handful of bettas, and the odd 'out of the box' PetCo 10g tanks. But it wasn't until I stumbled across Foo the Flowerhorn's YouTube Channel, and more specifically his/her NO filter, NO CO2, NO Ferts 5 Gallon Nano Tank video, did my passion for aquariums truly ignite. In short order, I bought Diana Walstad's book, read it, and the rest is history as they say.

The first iteration of the tank was similar to the attached image, but I naively inverted the soil and substrate layers in an effort to produce a more 'natural' feel to the tank. This, along with rampant frogbit growth, mostly quelled the growth/success of the tank. The second build, pictured, followed the recipe laid out in the Walstad Method much more closely.

I'm now on the lookout for a few more Corydoras Habrosus. I'd like to get their numbers just north of six, now with only three. Started a carpeting attempt with pearlweed a few weeks ago.

Hope to learn and share with the community!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts