The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first, let me say that I'm relatively new to planting anything in tanks.

I had a question regarding java moss. Can I introduce java moss to my aquarium which currently only has blood fins. My tank is rather plain and I'd like to add some new hardscape, possibly rock or wood with java moss.

Do I need to set up CO2? Special lighting? etc.

From what I understand and have read, java m. is rather hardy and will grow with little light. I just don't want to introduce something that might harm the fish.

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
you will be fine. dont see any issues with them. you have to decide if u want to pin them down as they will float freely around the tank

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you got anything you want to tie it down to let's say drift wood or any rocks you might wanna put in the tank you should tie it down, or attach it to some mesh wiring. Thats what I usually do so it doesn't float around in the tank. The moss should be good without any light but it would help if you had some kine of light. I use a shop light with a cfl bulb (6500k 13 watt)from Walmart I hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the standard light that the aquarium came with. it was a kit I bought for my son. I turn it on for about the same amount of hours each day.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts