The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New member, been a spectator for while. Been keeping planted aquariums for about 5 years, but I've only really known what I was doing for the last two or so.

I keep two tanks:

1) 20 long; fauna: 5 neon tetra, 1 white cloud, 6 Boraras uropthalmoides (exclamation point rasbora); flora: anubias petite, hygro "kompakt", java fern, java moss (kind of), cryptocoryne (bought as tissue culture a year and a half ago, not sure exact species); substrate: flourish black, caribsea floramax: lighting: Coralife T5 regular output (1 6700K, 1 colormax); filtration: aqueon HOB, sponge filter (recently removed); ferts: Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Iron

2) 60 cube; fauna: 4 Australian rainbow, 3 turquoise rainbow, 2 madagascan rainbow, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 florida flagfish, 1 leopard ctenopoma (probably butchered the spelling on that one), 2 otocinclus, 4 siamese algae eaters: fauna: hygro "angustifolia", rotala rotundifolia, creeping jenny, lily pads, squiggly water onion (made up name FYI), cyperus helferi, java moss; substrate: flourish original; lighting: Fluval LED; filtration: penn-plax cascade canister (1000?); sponge filter (was in 20g); ferts: same as other tank

I look forward to being a contributing member of this forum and getting to know all of you.

-Evan

P.S. I am not technologically inclined, so I apologize if the photos are not in order or uploaded in a weird manner ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pictures look better than any I can take - and that's the truth. lol
All of my tanks are planted as well. I love my fish, but I love the way they look with plants. I only restarted my hobby last year, so I'm impatiently waiting for my plants to grow, some taller - some bushier.
Be seeing you around!

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pretty neat looking tanks.

Have you ever tested the pH, GH, KH of the 20 long? Many multi colored rocks like that are not inert.

That wiggly water onion in the 60 cube is a Crinum calamistratum. It is called a onion plant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tested the water in both tanks. pH is around 8.0, kH is 12-15, gH is around 2-4. I use well water, and it varies by season. When i can't bypass the water softener, I use equilibrium to raise the gH to a sufficient level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.