The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this question comes from the development of another post, but...

What are some interesting tank ideas you have had? This can be what you keep the fish in, what you use for decorations, the way you apply gadgets, whatever. Pictures are a plus! Don't have anything yet but have some ideas? Share those too! :proud:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I believe there is a similar thread like this, but i'll go ahead and share....

I thought about having glass marbles as a substrate then using eggcrate on top of the tank. from the egg crate hang polished jade and agate slices of various colors at various lengths using thin fishing line. fish would be something like a betta or powder blue dwarf gourami

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, if there is another post like this already could you just link it to here? No need to have people regurgitate ideas they have already shared. More importantly, I want to see some of those ideas!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I've got shrimp/plants in a 3 gallon cookie jar I bought from Target. You can see the tank in my user tanks. I really want to start one in a 4' high vase that is sold at Hobby Lobby, but the size and shape are a bit too impractical with little kids around the house.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got shrimp/plants in a 3 gallon cookie jar I bought from Target. You can see the tank in my user tanks. I really want to start one in a 4' high vase that is sold at Hobby Lobby, but the size and shape are a bit too impractical with little kids around the house.
I don't suppose there is any way you could secure it? I guess the secures would be unsightly, and kids have a way of breaking things...especially when precautions have been put into place.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I always wanted to use a old tv or computer monitor but those have been done.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I had a 55g; Acrylic hex. (wish I could find the pics) Had 3 huge ryukin gold fish in it. I used a single layer of pebbles the size of marbles, I had a Japanesse pot and plate in there. I made it look the might have fallen in years ago. I had some jungle Val(Plastic...I know, I know). Gold fish are like swimming pigs, so I keep it very easy to clean.

Concidering how I prefer Bio-type accurate tanks ...I kinda like it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Can't help it but i've always wanted to do a tank like the one in the move "All about the benjamins". Different occupants though. It had tumbled glass and big glass boulders. But way too expensive! lol Can't seem to find a picture of it.

And lately I've been wanting to get a statue of liberty from about the shoulders up and some big rocks to stack up for the left side and sand and a little bit of blue rock for the right like an ocean. Planet of the Apes scene from the end of the first movie. lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm currently making a 6 gallon tank for a betta, a nerite, and some shrimp. Its one of those hanging lanterns that you are supposed to put candles in. I'll take a picture of it when I charge my camera's. My cables all went missing and I'm not sure why.
Its going to hang form my balcony during the summer months. and from my ceiling in the winter. I'm currently working out placing a light in the top, ventilation, and wiring it so that they dont show. I'm also trying to figure out an airstone and possibly a filter. And a feeding tube. My main problem is hiding everythign so that you cant see it. Especially the heater for nightime.
I just replaced all the glass with acrylic. I like it more plus the glass that came with it was really fragile.. And coated all the metal with silicone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts