The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
At least it got some size to it before you got all excited over it.
I "found" the one in the link in my tank before it got that size and only saw it the one time when I took the picture of it. Never saw it again...no clue what happened.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=14281&pictureid=52762
Since I doubt anyone would guess it, it's a common RCS baby about just a bit over 1/2"
long.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
You can do eeeeet! :)

Super easy. Set up a 2nd tank to same params, place it in the tank (after biofilm/acclimation), and put 2-3 of opposite sex in the tank close to the trait you would like. Then cross your fingers they'll breed. Once shrimplets hatch out, then you ponder what to do next- but one step at a time. Baby steps...baby steps....it isn't so complicated that way. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Loving this! It even has Rili pattern! I noticed some of my carbons have a green/yellow hue on the sides of their head. I hope you find the time to work on this strain as it is really beautiful!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay you folks talked me into trying. I will make sure the water params in the empty 10 gallon I have match the existing tank and move her this weekend. The hard part will be figuring out which males to put there with her. The carbons I have run the gamut from being completely clear with the black markings to deep blue with black.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
From the photo, your shrimp looks male, unless just the angle :)

I think I would go with clear midsection to breed to for a variety of different reasons. The main being I would think you'd want to influence the high contrast, and blue may obscure the gold from underneath.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.