The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have some neat plants to show you. Anubia #1

I don't know if you can tell, but its leaves are very small. The largest one is about 2 cm x 1 cm. Most are 1-1.5 cm from base to tip. The funny thing is, that the person I bought this from was sure it was Nana Narrow Leaf, not Petite. It's been 6 months and it hasn't enlarged much. The only thing I could think of is that I remember that an anubia that came from a seed took a long time to reach full size. Could this have come from a seed or flower? Anubia #2:

The new growth is more like Anubia #1 than the old leaves. It is much more compact and smaller. Also notice how the older leaves are more wrinkled/curvy, versus the roundness of the new growth. This is confirmed Petite, but could I get something like Micro that grows out of another variety of anubia? Emergent Riccia:

Even after I removed as much as possible, some riccia managed to get stuck in my filter. The moisture from the filter seems to have allowed the riccia to grow quite a bit from a few strands. It does not grow as fast as when floating, though. I haven't seen much emergent riccia, but I remember someone else's was fuzzy and more erect. This is very flat and curly. Just thought it was cool enough to share. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts