The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
They're not the prettiest are they! I have the same filter and keep meaning to change to glass lily pipes, but the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet are pretty effective so not yet got round to this. You can change the black ridged hose to standard tubing (Google will give you various guides and Youtube videos on doing this), then use whatever inlet and outlet you like best.

What exactly is it that you hate about the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet, and why not glass lily pipes? That might help someone give you specific recommendations if you can narrow down a bit what sort of thing you are looking for.

Regards, James

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're not the prettiest are they! I have the same filter and keep meaning to change to glass lily pipes, but the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet are pretty effective so not yet got round to this. You can change the black ridged hose to standard tubing (Google will give you various guides and Youtube videos on doing this), then use whatever inlet and outlet you like best.

What exactly is it that you hate about the supplied Fluval inlet and outlet, and why not glass lily pipes? That might help someone give you specific recommendations if you can narrow down a bit what sort of thing you are looking for.

Regards, James
The fluval hose tank holders are UGLY and difficult to use. I tried the ss lily pipes but they are very long which requires the hose to be very short thus cumbersome to handle and I am leery of the cleaning required of glass. It is only a 17 gallon tank so I don't need anything specific. I did not think about just using the Fluval in and out tubes; how would I hold these to the tank without those rim connectors?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice idea, but I am not that handy!

Any one have a recommendation of intake and outake pieces I can buy to fit, other than lily pipes? Someone did recommend a duck bill for the output; how does that fit over the rim of a rimless tank? And what input can be used?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.