The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new JBL pro flora inline diffuser. I was told I need to soak the diaphragm in water for 24hrs. Do I drop the whole diffuser in water or do I have to tame out the diaphragm and put that in water?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have used two different inline units made by other companies so I can only make an educated guess.

I see no downside to soaking the unit but I would probably attach some CO2 tubing first and keep the other end out of the water so you don't get any water on the input side of the one-way valve. AFAIK the only reason to soak the unit would be to precondition the diffusor element so that it is efficient when inserted in your output. The only difference is probably avoiding bigger bubbles until the soaking naturally. With a good inline diffusor you should have to look very closely to see the actual bubbles.

With both of my inline units I just hooked them up. They work great, do not gurgle or trap gas, and are not an eyesore in your tank. Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.