The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All

Being new here, but having spent many hours reading other posts - I've decided to share the inspiration for my 29G tank. I have only now started a large tank (29G), upgrading from two 10G tanks filled with Guppies. I've been taking my time with this tank. I've had it over a week and today was the first time there's been water in it. I'm a couple week away from plants and even further from fish.

Currently there are no fish, plants, gravel or anything really, expect for a small piece of drift wood. The drift would is there simple to keep the tank from looking too empty.

I work in the Makiki Forest Reserve, in the heart of Honolulu. A forest most people don't seem to realize is there. I take my dog and on the weekend my daughter (2 year old) for hikes along some of the trails. These trails have proven to be an inspiration for my current project, a 29 gallon tank.

The following pictures are from my short daily dog walks along the access trail to the main trail system.

Makiki Heights Access Slide Show (56K beware!)

I found a really nice rock that has opened up a new world of ideas to me. I'm thinking about now creating a cliff or shelf within the tank. Using the rock as the side of that rise.

I'm winding down my guppy tanks, giving most of the guppies to friends and the last few will go to my father-in-law, who provided the first guppies to my toddler, that started this whole thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've used to live in makiki for 5 years and like you said I didn't know there was a forest or any trails there. I will have to check it out some day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts