The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back while browsing the forum, I came across a few comments that suggested our regulators were not genuinely Dual Stage due to the shape of the regulator body.

Our regulators are very much dual stage. There are many regulators available to aquascapers today and many claim to be dual stage but are often dual guage instead. We wont waste everyones time by discussing the difference but instead take a look at these images of inside our Pro SE regulator. For anyone who had doubts that our regulators were genuine or not, I hope this helps clear the issue up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing any of our regulators, you can just contact me direct and I will assist you.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Something I notice with many (most?) manufacturers is a lack of responsiveness or openness. Many times the consumer either can't contact a manufacturer rep, or if they can contact them the response would be considered unsatisfying.

Once in awhile you get a manufacture that will go the extra mile, so to speak, to actually give good customer service. In this case, not only do you get pictures of the inside but you also get the CAD drawings along with a contact name and email address.
:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading the comments surrounding the validity of our Dual Stage claims, we thought the best response was to share the data and allow everyone to see the facts for themselves. I hope this clears up any of the claims made last month but if anyone does have more questions, please dont hesitate to email me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A while back while browsing the forum, I came across a few comments that suggested our regulators were not genuinely Dual Stage due to the shape of the regulator body.

Our regulators are very much dual stage. There are many regulators available to aquascapers today and many claim to be dual stage but are often dual guage instead. We wont waste everyones time by discussing the difference but instead take a look at these images of inside our Pro SE regulator. For anyone who had doubts that our regulators were genuine or not, I hope this helps clear the issue up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing any of our regulators, you can just contact me direct and I will assist you.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Thanks for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
John, thanks for the picture.

At the current price point this regulator is a good choice, because it is low cost piston valve design. The diaphragm design regulators cost much higher and to utilize them for aquarium applications, not many people can afford the regulator alone which normally cost $500 or more.

Back in 2013 when the co2 art representative post the diagram of the original co2 art regulator, I mentioned it was a piston valve design, same as those simple flow regulators, then that diagram disappeared. Now after you present the diagram, it is clear this generation of co2 art regulator is still a piston design but more sophisticated than the original, cheaper than diaphragm regulator, also back up with co2art good service and warrantee, I think it is one of the best commercially available co2 regulators that planted tank hobbyists can choose from.

·
Vendor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, thanks for the picture.

At the current price point this regulator is a good choice, because it is low cost piston valve design. The diaphragm design regulators cost much higher and to utilize them for aquarium applications, not many people can afford the regulator alone which normally cost $500 or more.

Back in 2013 when the co2 art representative post the diagram of the original co2 art regulator, I mentioned it was a piston valve design, same as those simple flow regulators, then that diagram disappeared. Now after you present the diagram, it is clear this generation of co2 art regulator is still a piston design but more sophisticated than the original, cheaper than diaphragm regulator, also back up with co2art good service and warrantee, I think it is one of the best commercially available co2 regulators that planted tank hobbyists can choose from.
Thanks for the feedback BettaTail. We believe in our regulators and by sharing these images, we hope to just clear up some of the negativity that's been popping up recently. Im glad the images were useful.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Is there a difference in the regulator between the pro se and elite ? I know the elite support extra manifolds. Also there were some early complaints about some manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right - was that use error or a manufacturing defect and if defect has it been fixed ? I have an se for one tank and thinking about getting a second regulator for a tank in another room but a little undecided if i want to add co2 to that tank (it has an onf flat on a 40 - and while the boost in light is making red plants grow well (without co2); i'm a bit worried that co2 would cause some plants to 'overgrow' given the boost the high lights have already provided.

·
Vendor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a difference in the regulator between the pro se and elite ? I know the elite support extra manifolds. Also there were some early complaints about some manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right - was that use error or a manufacturing defect and if defect has it been fixed ? I have an se for one tank and thinking about getting a second regulator for a tank in another room but a little undecided if i want to add co2 to that tank (it has an onf flat on a 40 - and while the boost in light is making red plants grow well (without co2); i'm a bit worried that co2 would cause some plants to 'overgrow' given the boost the high lights have already provided.
Hi there,

Here is a comparison chart that shows the differences between both our regulators. I hope this helps.

Any issues with our additional manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right have been down to user error (not tightening the large nut to the regulator or not using the washer) plus with any regulator form any maker it is always good practise to do a leak test after installation.

Adding C02 to any aquarium it is always going to boost plant growth independent of having good lighting and a good fertilisation regime.

We have an article on our site that is a very good read : -

https://www.co2art.co.uk/pages/supp...02-enriched-planted-aquarium-ee2777c9ab1cd62f

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know about the feature difference between the two products. I was asking if the regulator itself is different or the same hardware with different support components ?

Hi there,

Here is a comparison chart that shows the differences between both our regulators. I hope this helps.

Any issues with our additional manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right have been down to user error (not tightening the large nut to the regulator or not using the washer) plus with any regulator form any maker it is always good practise to do a leak test after installation.

Adding C02 to any aquarium it is always going to boost plant growth independent of having good lighting and a good fertilisation regime.

We have an article on our site that is a very good read : -

https://www.co2art.co.uk/pages/supp...02-enriched-planted-aquarium-ee2777c9ab1cd62f

·
Vendor
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, The design of each regulator is very similar. The Pro Elite regulator body is larger than the PRO SE which is why it is capable of greater precision. Obviously there is a slight difference externally to allow the additional manifolds to attach - this does not require an internal difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.