The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I set up my first planted tank in over 5 years this past month and figured I would set up a place to document how it progresses over time. I had several planted tanks in the past, but converted a most of my tanks over to saltwater a couple years back. I recently tore down my ten gallon nano reef and decided to try my hand at planted tanks again.

My current plan for this tank is to keep it low tech and low budget. I had most of the equipment laying around, which saved a lot of the initial cost. The tank has been up and running for the past three weeks, and it is growing in well and the fish are healthy and active.

Tank Info:
Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo 10
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra 1.0
Light: Fluval Nano Freshwater
Heater: Fluval 50 Watt

Stocking:
Apistogramma ortegi trio

Plants:
Random LFS cuttings

Substrate:
Flourite
Play sand

I'm hoping this tank takes off. The biggest struggle right now is getting rid of the slightly cloudy water (either dust from the substrate or minor bacterial bloom). It has cleared up a lot over the past few weeks, so I am just not going to mess with it and see if it goes away.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this tank turns out!

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi everyone!

I set up my first planted tank in over 5 years this past month and figured I would set up a place to document how it progresses over time. I had several planted tanks in the past, but converted a most of my tanks over to saltwater a couple years back. I recently tore down my ten gallon nano reef and decided to try my hand at planted tanks again.

My current plan for this tank is to keep it low tech and low budget. I had most of the equipment laying around, which saved a lot of the initial cost. The tank has been up and running for the past three weeks, and it is growing in well and the fish are healthy and active.

Tank Info:

Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo 10

Return Pump: Sicce Syncra 1.0

Light: Fluval Nano Freshwater

Heater: Fluval 50 Watt

Stocking:

Apistogramma ortegi trio

Plants:

Random LFS cuttings

Substrate:

Flourite

Play sand

I'm hoping this tank takes off. The biggest struggle right now is getting rid of the slightly cloudy water (either dust from the substrate or minor bacterial bloom). It has cleared up a lot over the past few weeks, so I am just not going to mess with it and see if it goes away.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this tank turns out!
This fish loves caves, and do have a strong personality traces.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.