The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my nano needs to eject the wart of a pollen glass that is inside, it is just an eyesore in the little tank. Plus, the vertical water colum is to small to get good diffusion.

I don't have the vertical space for a Rex reactor either. So I have been playing around with ideas for a small inline reactor. Here's what I got:

Theory
Water enters the reactor and a portion gets "pulled" by a Quiet One pond pump to a seperate circuit. Once here, Co2 gets bubbled into the flow before the pump. The pump then minimizes the bubble size, reducing it to a mist and increasing diffusion. This then gets plumbed back into the union joint where X volume will get pumped into the tank and Y volume will begin the recirculation process again.

This way I am replicating the scenerio where the Co2 gets plumbed into a canister filter without the increased risk to the filter associated with doing such. Plus, the DIY cost are kept at a minimum.

I do feel like there is something I'm missing, because this seams really simple and has the probability of a high efficency.

Yes? No? Tips? Advice?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't understand why this would take up less space than a reactor.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The efficiency shall depend upon the length of the blue pipe after the fountain pump. Taking water from your filter will save you from cleaning your fountain pump, but remember that it will be the water richest in CO2 in your tank. You can also consider suction through a sponge and delivery back to the aquarium; rest of the entire system housed outside the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts